Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Legacy

My friend sent me a beautiful CD titled “Woven & Spun,” composed and sung by Nichole Nordeman. She especially wanted me to hear and remember the song “Legacy.” It’s a prayer I could honestly pray every day, and I’ll write it here:

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love?
Did I point to You enough?
To make a mark on things
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace
Who blessed Your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy

Oh yes! That’s what I want.

A later track, “I am,” provides the album’s title. I want to share part of that one too:

When life had begun, I was woven and spun
You let the angels dance round the throne
And who can say when but they’ll dance again
When I am free and finally headed home
I will be weak, unable to speak
Still I will call You by name
Creator, Maker, Life Sustainer
Comforter, Healer, my Redeemer
Lord and King, Beginning and the End.

Both songs were copyright in 2002 by Ariose Music, written by Nichole Nordeman.

And finally I add here a quote by Rainer Maria Rilke that’s printed on the album jacket (I don’t think they call them “jackets” any more, but my brain can’t find a better word):

“She who reconciles the ill-matched threads of her life, and weaves them gratefully into a single cloth – it’s she who drives the loudmouths from the hall and clears it for a different celebration where the one guest is You.”

I’m sure I’ll spend the rest of my life, however long it is, “weaving the ill-matched threads of my life, gratefully, into a single cloth.” Let us celebrate!

Kemo went very well yesterday; we had fun chatting with nearby patients, and we’re praying that the CA 125 will drop again. (The next test is May 22, right after we return from the Bahamas.) This evening I want to start packing for the trip. We're restricted to 40 pounds on the island flight, and we need to bring along some food because of the limitations of the local store. But, as I joke, how much do a toothbrush and a bikini weigh? (Ha! As if I'd be caught in a bikini!) Daughter Karin is preparing flat-out for her final at law school Friday morning. Only after that can she begin packing. Grandson Justin is writing four finals this week. We're praying for both of them.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Wed May 09, 12:25:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Joylynn Rasmussen said...

Legacy is one of my favorite songs too. I want to be leaving that legacy daily with God's assistance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home