Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Purpose and Plan

I was so tired yesterday that I squeezed in two naps before noon. (I hate naps!) I guess the weekend was pretty full. By afternoon I was ready for some house cleaning and de-cluttering. In the early evening we went for a bicycle ride--my first in almost three years. (For more than a year before my cancer diagnosis, I was too breathless for biking.) To my shame, I was passed by a runner. We pedaled gently, enjoyed the greenery, and totaled just under six miles. Well, it's a start. It felt good.

This message came in a birthday card:

"When God made you, He did so with a purpose and a plan. He saw all your days before you lived one of them and placed over you the covering of His protective love.

"He has allowed nothing to come into your life that has not first been screened through that love. His hand has remained upon you to this very day. He calls you my name.

"You are His beloved child, the apple of His eye, the delight of His heart.

"Today you are in the exact place He wants you to be, and tomorrow He will be with you as He has always been--in goodness, in kindness, in faithfulness." (Roy Lessin)

That's our hope, for today and always.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home