Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, June 10, 2007

List

A funny thing happened yesterday. I got up early, enjoyed a lovely read on the patio, went for a walk before the day got too hot, and then about mid-morning I felt a mild depression settling over me. What was that?! I lay down for a few minutes and then got up to the same sad feelings. And figured out that I was missing "something-I-must-do." Sort of a withdrawal from addiction to lists. There were plenty of things that I could do, even things I should do, but nothing that I must do. And it took me awhile to sort out my head and find my way for the day. A restful day is a good day, but it's more satisfying if you choose it to be that way--not if you fall into it for lack of something more intense.

We spent the evening with a lot of wonderful friends with whom we work at SIM, and then we had the privilege of meeting a new friend from Germany at the airport at 11 pm. He is here for the SIM board meetings, and since I'd previously "met" him via email in connection with an article for the SIM magazine, I was happy to meet him in person. That's a little late for this old girl, so a nap is on the afternoon schedule. First, though, we get to take a long-time friend from England, who is also here as a member of the board, to church and lunch.

As last evening's outdoor gathering was wrapping up, darkness enveloping us, three guitars started strumming, and we sang some familiar songs of worship. The last one was "Be Thou my Vision," ending with this beautiful prayer:

High King of heaven--my victory won,
May I reach heaven's joys, O thou blest Son.
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my vision, thou ruler of all.

Amen,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home