Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, June 01, 2007

Amok

I think “amok” describes the current path of the son of a couple whom we admire very much. I heard just a little about him last evening, and my heart is heavy for both him and his parents. His situation is bleak, but he’s not out of reach of God’s love. Would you join me in praying for that family?

I read an account of a visitor to a center for the handicapped run by the Missionaries of Charity (Mother Teresa’s order). He saw a large banner on the wall saying, “I thirst.” He asked why it was there, and a sister answered, “That cry of Christ on the cross has become our rallying cry. Shortly before Mother Teresa died, she said, ‘His thirst is without end. He, the Creator of all, pleads for the love of His creation. He thirsts for our love.’ These words, ‘I thirst,’” continued the sister, “do they not echo in our souls?”

Yes, they echo. It’s to satisfy Christ’s thirst for our love that we serve the poor and needy. That’s why we urge lost people to turn back to Him. That’s why we pray for those who are straying (whether in “respectable” ways or in high-risk behavior like our young friend). Jesus is longing for their love. And for ours!

We hope to be on the road by 5:00 this morning, heading for Indiana and our loved ones. We still don’t have a phone line at the lake, so I’ll post another update whenever I can, but probably not early Saturday morning. I hope to be able to report on a healthy swan family.

Here at home, our neighbors have hatched and released the swallowtail butterflies whose chrysalises they were tending. I hope the new butterflies laid more eggs on my parsley plants. Some predator did away with the bluebird eggs while we were in the Bahamas (there wasn’t enough time for them to have hatched and fledged), but the intrepid parents are trying again, with three perfect little eggs in the house as of yesterday. The cardinals, thrashers, and robins are all busy feeding their chirping baby birds. So that’s the latest wildlife report from the Wilsons’ yard. Our plants are gasping for rain.

I’ve been able to work full days, though I am struggling with a bit of tiredness and mild nausea yet. It’s minor, really. I am so blessed. Thanks for your prayers.

Have a great weekend.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home