Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, June 02, 2007

New Appreciation for Water

The lake is beautiful this morning, but that's not the water we're appreciating. When we arrived yesterday, we discovered an intermittent problem with our electrical power. We were concerned about the food in the refrigerator, but the real difficulty came when the water pump stopped working. After we'd drunk all the bottled and filtered water left here from last time, we gained a new appreciation for water. We couldn't even wash the dinner dishes. Fortunately, by midnight the power company workers installed a temporary fix and this morning all is well.

I thought about the way Jesus promised an inner spring of living water to all who believe in him. In ancient history when nations fought wars at ground level, an invading army might simply besiege a walled city and wait for the people inside to run out of water, which would eventually force them to surrender. Hezekiah, one of Israel's kings, diverted a spring of water inside the walls of Jerusalem, thus foiling the expectations of the Assyrians. Maybe it was standing at that very spring that Jesus made his astonishing promise. The Bible goes on to say that he was speaking of the Holy Spirit, who lives in and flows out of all believers. That's a wonderful promise to claim when we feel attacked by our various spiritual enemies. I have a new appreciation for Living Water.

I also appreciate being with some of our family. James and Liz and Joshua (our great grandson) will arrive later today, and late tonight grandson Justin and his friend Laura will come. Daughter Karin leaves tonight with a group from her church to go to Gulfport, Mississippi. to work towards relief for victims of Hurricane Katrina, and on Sunday afternoon her husband Keith leaves on a business trip. By Sunday evening, everyone will be gone except for Gavin and Calli, whom we will care for until we leave on Tuesday. Don't worry; they'll be in good hands until Keith returns on Wednesday.

They say the swans are still here, but I haven't seen them yet. It's hotter here than in Charlotte! I'm thankful to feel well, and so grateful to all these folks who give time to be with us.

Once again, I need to say that I don't know if I'll be able to access the internet on Sunday.

Blessings,
Carol

2 Comments:

At Sun Jun 03, 09:56:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger linda said...

I hope you're having a good time in IN! I will be driving up there Tuesday to register for my classes at IWU... maybe we'll pass you someplace! :) Also, I'd like to bring my sister to your church sometime- if you let me know when you're back in town we'll come on a Sunday when we know someone there!

 
At Mon Jun 04, 01:52:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

I can understand your frustrations! I'm glad it was all fixed before all your guests arrived.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home