Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Long Day ahead

It seems funny to be not on the road yet. We'll hang around until the kids get on the bus. Then it will be a 12-hour drive, if all goes well, and we'll get home late. Chuck didn't sleep well last night; I can help with driving, but I'm slower.

Yesterday we took Gavin out of school for an orthodontic appointment in the morning, and Calli for a sports physical in the afternoon. (It's their last week of school, and not much happens anyway I understand.) I was struck with an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for health. As I expected, the doctor said Calli was in perfect condition as far as she could tell. Then I realized how presumptuous my expectations are. It is pure grace to have good health. And to have children and grandchildren all in good health is surely a gift beyond imagining! Thank you, Lord.

I read yesterday that if you waste money, all you lose is your wealth. But if you waste time, you lose part of your life. May God help us to seize each moment--not to waste but to live fully for him. (I don't mean to never relax; intentional relaxation is also glorifying to God.) Mindless waste is what robs resources and life, with no recall or recovery once they're gone.

Have a great day.

Carol

1 Comments:

At Wed Jun 06, 03:34:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

You must all be excited about the new baby! I hadn't heard yet. I bet Sue is thrilled!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home