Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, June 15, 2007

Thankful

1. I'm thankful for a wonderful oncologist.
2. I'm thankful that Chuck likes spreadsheets and constantly tracks the results of all my blood tests, making it easier for Dr. Boyd to evaluate and plan treatment.
3. I'm thankful that despite rising cancer numbers, I continue to feel well.
4. I'm thankful for a new plan of treatment. Next week I'll get infusions of Cytoxan and VP-16 on Tuesday. On Wednesday and Thursday VP-16 only. Both drugs can deplete blood cells and can cause other unwanted effects, so we'll get my blood tested weekly. And after three weeks, I'll see Dr. Boyd again, probably to begin another 3-day cycle.
5. More than anything else, I'm thankful to be safe in God's hands.
6. And I'm thankful for your interest and prayers.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Fri Jun 15, 03:55:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. I'm thankful for this blog, Carol, that I can easily learn not only about the illness but about your spiritual strength.
2. I'm thankful for the opportunity to pray for you without disturbing you with many questions.
3. I'm thankful for the preparation. Yes, you are right, the death is close to us even if someone can spend 20 more years here, we all have to face it. You are discipling us in the preparation. I start to see how important it is, since we may pass you on the road from one day to another without any signals.
4. May the Lord come soon!!!
5. Till He comes we keep the hands of one another and those who see us will recognize Jesus Christ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home