Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ears and Eyes

"Ears to hear and eyes to see--both are gifts from the Lord" (Proverbs 20:12). I'm sure we all know this, but I'm setting it out again this morning for fresh appreciation. Like health, hearing and seeing--when we have them--are easy to take for granted, unless something happens to take them away. So today I want to receive the gifts of ears to hear and eyes to see as the amazing gifts that they are. Receive them with deep gratitude. Use them to notice sounds and sights that I usually rush right past. Also use them to hear and see subtle signals from others that they're needing encouragement. Above all, listen and look for gentle messages from God (spiritual ears and eyes are among his best gifts).

This morning we'll have a telephone conference with the magazine designer and project manager in Florida to be sure they're on the right track for designing the layout for the next magazine. They have a new project manager, so I'm praying I can communicate well with her and that all will go well. It looks like there's a lot of turnover in that business. They always do a beautiful job for us, anyway, and I'm grateful.

Last evening Chuck went to bed early. I wasn't tired yet (imagine that!), so I finished up some work, then popped in the CD that daughter Sue had created with 905 photos collected from all the cameras in action during our week in the Bahamas. She organized them all according to days; what a labor of love! Reviewing all the pictures took me back to experience it all over again. It was lovely.

I hope your ears will hear lovely sounds and your eyes will see wonderful things today.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home