Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Notice

"Notice the way God does things; then fall into line. Don't fight the ways of God" (Ecclesiastes 7:13). A few days ago I wrote about "ears to hear and eyes to see." It's great to use those senses to notice sounds and sights around us for our delight and instruction. But here's another use: to notice the way God does things and fall in line with his ways. That's one of the best reasons I know to regularly read the Bible. Still, it's not the only record of God's ways. We are surrounded everywhere with such a record, if only we'll notice!

I also see in Ecclesiastes 7 some very interesting advice: "It is better to spend your time at funerals than at festivals. For you are going to die, and you should think about it while there is still time." And later: "A wise person thinks much about death, while the fool thinks only about having a good time now." I'm sure this doesn't mean we should be morbid or fatalistic. But realizing that death will come helps me recognize how precious each moment of life is. It reinforces the value of asking "the best question": Is this the wise thing to do? When I come to the end of life, and especially when I meet the Lord in person, I will celebrate every wise thing I have done and will regret every unwise thing.

This morning I'll get a blood test. I feel well; it would be wonderful if that would translate into lower tumor marker numbers. Thanks for your prayers.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home