Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, June 11, 2007

The Best Question

My chronological reading in the Bible has brought me to the era of King Solomon's reign. The compilers of these readings include Solomon's proverbs in this section. I've been reading the proverbs with a chastened heart. They remind me of stupid choices and behavior over the course of my long life--foolish priorities, silly arguments, failures to love. Last week I read a review of a book by Andy Stanley titled something like The Best Question. He proposes that we form the habit of asking always, "Is this the wise thing to do?" Pausing often to ask that question would slam shut many doors that we would eventually regret having walked through. Or it would lock our lips from speaking words that afterwards we would give anything to retract. It would prevent a lot of damage along the path of our relationships. And it would direct us to positive actions that bring satisfying results. God promises to give wisdom when we ask for it. I purpose to ask more.

We had a delightful time yesterday with our friend from the UK, who is here for SIM board meetings. She accompanied us to church, and then we enjoyed lunch together at our home. A professor of Old Testament, she is about to "retire" after 30 years at a seminary in London and plans to move to Ethiopia to continue teaching. Wow!

In the evening we joined four friends on the lawn at South Park for a concert by the Charlotte Symphony. Refreshing.

I'm feeling well. (I never get over the miracle of that!) I'll get blood drawn Thursday for another CA 125 test. The paperwork accompanying this new drug says it may take several months to be effective, so maybe the test isn't all that helpful at this point. But we are praying that God--with or without help from chemo--will destroy this cancer, according to his wisdom.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home