Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Specific Prayer -- Specific Answers

I've heard from so many friends who this week prayed specifically that I wouldn't have the usual digestive upsets following chemo. God answered specifically and kindly. No digestive problems at all. Thank you so much for praying, and thank him so much for such a gracious answer. I felt weak as ever, but I think I'm considerably better this morning, and I have high hopes of getting to work for a few hours today.

SIM gives a gift of a conference for two at the Cove (Billy Graham Training Center near Asheville, NC) to everyone who completes 10 years of service. Our 10 years were completed in January 2006, a month after my cancer surgery, but we were never able to make suitable arrangements. Finally we had reservations for last month, but then my chemo schedule got scrambled so we had to postpone again. Now, at last, we plan to go tomorrow. We realize that I may not have enough energy to enjoy all the beautiful mountain trails, but I'm sure we'll get a lot of benefit from the teaching by Chip Ingram. He's the director of Walk Thru the Bible, whose daily devotional, indeed, nourishes our souls every day. Chip based this month's editorial on Romans 12:1,2 ("I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God. . . . Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.") Chip says, "God wants our total being as a living sacrifice to him, because nothing less will please him. In fact, nothing less is even acceptable." That's a great thought to begin every day with.

Thanks again, so much, for your love and prayers.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home