Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Thanks

Thanks for your prayers. I’m feeling weak, but so far I’ve suffered no digestive upsets. This is certainly an answer to prayer—lots of it, I know. I’m humbled and amazed by so many who pray so faithfully and caringly. I hope this means I’ll bounce back more quickly. As predicted, I spent almost all of yesterday in bed, thankful for the privilege of doing so.

I recently reread some notes from a meeting with the doctor shortly after surgery in December ’05. He said, “This will be a marathon, not a sprint.” Little did we guess how long it would last! But we dare not lose heart. Whatever God chooses, in the long run, is good. Meanwhile, I watch for and see glimpses of his grace, even on the lowest days.

As you’ve no doubt noticed, this rugged chemo started just as I was laying plans for my next actions against global slavery. I regret to say I’ve done nothing more except continue my boycott against slave-produced chocolate. I hope to regain energy soon. This week we’ll find out whether the International Justice Mission won the $100,000 from Rezoom. I surely hope they did, because they have such a good record of freeing slaves in various locations.

I read a wonderful book titled The Holy Longing, by Ronald Rolheiser. He said, “In the world’s schema of things, survival of the fittest is the rule. In God’s schema, survival of the weakest is the rule. God always stands on the side of the weak and it is there, among the weak, that we find God.” Justice in our world, too, is a marathon, not a sprint. May God keep us faithful.

Blessings,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Thu Sep 13, 08:37:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You inspire me! Have a great trip!
I love you guys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home