Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, September 28, 2007

Time, Wait!

I think all of us want to squeeze all the life we can from every minute God gives us. In Ruth Bell Graham's collection of poetry titled Sitting by my Laughing Fire, I found this short expression that pretty well expresses my "greed for life":

Oh, time! be slow!
it was a dawn ago
I was a child
dreaming of being grown;
a noon ago
I was
with children of my own;
and now
it's afternoon
--and late--
and they are grown
and gone.
Time, wait!

Every minute is so precious, isn't it?

My brother and his wife arrived safely last evening, and now we're treasuring every minute we'll have together today and tomorrow. They'll visit both of the SIM offices for tours, and then we plan to take them to the new Billy Graham Library in the afternoon. I'm thankful to say that I've well recovered from the fatigue of Monday's chemo, and was able to work a full day yesterday, completing my work on the 2008 SIM Prayer Guide which is due today.

Have a great day.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home