Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Happy Happening

It always feels good to get the chemo pump disconnected. After returning from the doctor's office in the late morning, I napped awhile, then went to work. I felt well, and I believe I was thinking clearly (they say there's scientific evidence for "chemo brain," and sometimes I feel like Exhibit A). As soon as I'd arrived home to start dinner, Chuck called to say that Jimmie Cox was at SIM USA and had some spare time. It was a great opportunity for me, because I really wanted to interview him for a magazine article about SIM's magnificent project called "Rebuilding Southern Sudan: Church and Nation." He's the project director. I collected lots of good information and photos from him. After decades of civil war, during which the southern Sudanese were constantly fleeing from armed attack, the infrastructure in South Sudan was totally destroyed: no paved roads, no safe water, no schools, churches bombed to smithereens, farms neglected, and knowledge of farming lost with the older generation. All of these needs and more, SIM is now attempting to rebuild. Dinner was late last evening, but it was worth it; the interview was so encouraging and inspiring and helpful.

People ask how much longer my chemo treatments will continue. I don't know. After 21 months (42 infusions), I haven't yet gained a remission, but I've had so many good days and such a rich and full life--no complaints. Have I made it clear that I have no pain? Two acquaintances with similar cancer have already had two remissions each, but their cancer recurred with greater fury after a few months. So frankly, I don't think much about my chances of quitting chemo. Eventually, I suppose, we'll run out of options, or my body won't tolerate it any more. We continue to pray for healing. And I do my best to follow healthy practices that cooperate with the healing process. It was a relief again this time that I had no digestive upsets. Thanks for praying.

I hope to accomplish a lot at my desk today, and then comes the happy happening of the arrival of my brother and his wife this evening. Tomorrow evening, our cousin who lives here will join us for dinner. Precious family!

God's blessings for your day,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home