Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Our God Is . . .

Yesterday's mail brought our new 2008 photo calendar from the Moody Bible Institute. Like last years' this one features outstanding photography by current MBI students. I must remember to encourage Jeremy to submit some of his amazing photos from his Niger experiences last year. The 2008 calendar is organized around the theme, "Our God Is . . . ," and I found good comfort in paging through it:

  • God of refuge (Under his wings you will find refuge--Psalm 91:4)
  • God of peace (May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way -- 2 Thessalonians :16)
  • God is with us (The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save -- Zephaniah 3:17)
  • God of creation (In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands -- Psalm 102:23)
  • God who sees me (The Lord watches over you -- Psalm 121:3)
  • God our hope (We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure --Hebrews 6:19)

Well, there's half a year. A good helping of hope!

Chemo went well yesterday, only one poke required to access the port. While I was sitting there, the nurse who had cared for me last time stopped to ask how I'd survived that treatment. When I told her I'd had the usual fatigue but not the digestive problems of previous treatments, her eyes twinkled and she said, "Surely that was because of the nurse." I agreed she'd been wonderful, but I thought more likely it was the Lord. At once she agreed, yes, she too thought it was the Lord. Your prayers make such a difference!

So far so good. I'm tired enough to be heading back to bed.

Blessings,

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home