Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Grace and Gratitude

Frederick Buechner calls grace the "crucial eccentricity" of the Christian faith. Worshipers of all other gods strive mainly to appease their anger or at least avoid negative attention. But our God, through Christ, not only forgives our sins but also heaps on us such gifts of grace and wholeness that we run out of words for saying thanks. Karl Barth says, "The only answer to charis (Greek for grace) is eucharistia (Greek for gratitude). Grace and gratitude belong together like heaven and earth. Grace evokes gratitude like the voice of an echo. Gratitude follows grace like thunder follows lightning." This morning I'm very grateful for grace.

(I read some of the above thoughts on Chip Stam's "Worship Quote of the Week" (www.wqotw.org). Chip is fighting a personal battle just now with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma; he'd be grateful for our prayers.)

I'm feeling well, and thankful that the office internet is back in operation so I accomplished everything I needed to do yesterday. More to do today, of course, and God's grace will be there for that as well. Karin is also holding her own--no bronchitis has developed. Thanks for your prayers.

We'll be away for the next four days. I'll check in with you whenever I can get internet access.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home