Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thank you for your patience

Yesterday was a pretty good Day 2. Yes, I took naps both morning and afternoon, but I had energy to cook our meals, and I also managed to write two articles for the next SIM magazine. And I finished reading the special edition of the Billy Graham Decision magazine that was published in honor of the late Ruth Bell Graham. What an amazing woman! She established an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as a young girl, and it appears that she never wavered in her faith. Obviously, hers was a difficult calling—to make a home and care for all five of their children while her husband was absent for months at a time to fulfill his calling. She said that on her tombstone she would like the familiar highway sign to be engraved: “End of construction. Thank you for your patience.” If such an amazingly consistent woman felt the need of such an epitaph, how much more the rest of us! (I’d picked up that magazine while we were at the Cove 10 days ago, and have enjoyed a leisurely read through.)

Chuck wonders if the reduced effects of this current chemo regimen might mean that it’s not fighting the cancer any more. I guess we’ll find out next week when I get another CA 125 test after more than two months without testing. Meanwhile, I choose to believe that I’m handling the chemo better because God is so kindly answering prayer. This morning I’ll get the pump removed, and I’d love to feel well enough to get to the office in the afternoon.

I have wonderful news: my brother Dave and his wife Carol are flying in Thursday evening and will spend Friday and Saturday with us. I’m so much looking forward to their visit. They’re the ones who provided almost daily loving care for our mother during her final years in a nursing home a half mile from their house.

Have a blessed day.

Carol

1 Comments:

At Wed Sep 26, 12:52:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Burkinator said...

So glad you enjoyed Ruth's issue! There are no words for that project's impact on both its authors and readers. She finished well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home