Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Our bodies disappoint"



Chuck thought you might like to see "the kids." Justin and his beloved Laura are on our left. Then Calli (13), Julianna and Jeremy, and Gavin (15). The house rang with laughter and fun. We had a party to celebrate the engagement of Justin and Laura, Jeremy's birthday (just past), and Gavin's birthday (coming). Oh! How quiet our Carolina home is without them!

While we were away I finished reading 1 Corinthians, and I can affirm the truth of chapter 15, verses 42 and 43: "Our earthly bodies, which die and decay . . . now disappoint us." On the one hand, our bodies are the crown of God's marvelous creation, and the more we learn about their intricate design, the more we bow in wonder. Still, as time goes by, and the effects of aging or the attacks of outside enemies like cancer take us down, our bodies do disappoint us! But now let me quote those verses in their entirety: "Our earthly bodies, which die and decay, will be different when they are resurrected, for they will never die. Our bodies now disappoint us, but when they are raised, they will be full of glory. They are weak now, but when they are raised, they will be full of power." This hope reflects the truth stated a page earlier, at 1 Corinthians 15:20,23: "But the fact is that Christ has been raised from the dead. He has become the first of a great harvest of those who will be raised to life again. . . . Christ was raised first; then when he comes back, all his people will be raised." I am taking great comfort these days from these wonderful promises.

We're thankful for safe travel yesterday, despite rain all the way. Now I'll get another chemo treatment this morning if my blood tests are satisfactory. On Thursday I'll have blood drawn for another CA 125 test to see what's been happening to the cancer during the past month.

Meanwhile, I'll need energy to pull together the final details of the next SIM magazine so I can submit it to the designer next week. And it's time to decorate for Christmas--a task I love.

It seems like I've been away a long time. Sorry for the gap in updates.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home