Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, November 23, 2007

Green

We woke up to snow-covered beauty this morning. The sun is out sometimes, and the snow is melting. It was lovely.

Through the night as I would wake up momentarily, an Asian saying kept running through my mind: "If you keep a green tree in your soul, a singing bird may come." What does it mean? Green implies growth, so I think it means we need to keep greening and growing our soul. But how? The answer to that depends on what the soul is, Who created it, and for what purpose. I think you can guess how I answered those questions, even as I was drifting back to sleep. My soul is the "real me"--the essence that relates to God and to others and endures forever. God made it, and while many of His purposes remain wrapped in mystery, He surely intends for us to enjoy loving intimacy with Him and others, to be authentic, to care, to tell the truth, to be channels of hope and joy. (I'm not trying to be profound here--these are simply the thoughts that came to me last night.)

How may I "green and grow" my soul? Surely through honest communication with my Creator. And with others too. And with myself. When the singing bird comes, may it find a green and growing branch on which to sit and sing!

It's noon on Friday here. Grandsons Justin and Jeremy with their girlfriends are coming in this afternoon. Also a colleague of Keith's is joining us for dinner with his wife; they're from Singapore. We're looking forward to having them here.

Internet access is only a sometime thing here.

Have a great weekend.

carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home