Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thankful

Yesterday, someone asked me to name a few things I'm thankful for. That was easy! But, nevertheless, a good exercise. I think I've never known a more thankful person than my grandmother Esther. She was tiny, overworked, often vexed by physical illness, but the words I remember best from her mouth are, "I'm so thankful for . . .." Last Tuesday we attended the "commencement" ceremony for the new class of workers accepted by SIM USA (they'll be going to many different nations after their preparations are ready). The speaker urged them to develop the habit of gratitude, and he said thankfulness is like a muscle--it grows with exercise. Now, this morning's reading in "Indeed" quotes Robert Cordeiro: "Ungrateful people live under the deception that they are always entitled to more. The food is never prepared well. The weather is never to their liking. The policies are inadequate, and the leadership is incompetent. When we begin to develop gratefulness, we'll find that our vocabulary changes. We stop saying, 'I have to . . .' and start saying, 'I get to . . . .' Gratitude adds a sparkle to our lives -- a genuine joy that comes from viewing things God's way." Okay! Let's watch for blessings today and be grateful.

Chuck had oral surgery yesterday. I feel terrible that I failed to ask prayer for him. The procedure was much rougher than the surgeon had expected, and Chuck had a lot of pain. We're both thankful that he's better this morning, and we're praying for no complications. I'm feeling well, and the mass under my arm has almost completely disappeared.

Snow fell last night in the North Carolina mountains, and the ski runs are open already (No, I won't be going). It's pretty cold here too.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home