Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Road Signs

This morning I’m going in for a CA 125 blood test. I’m praying the nurse will be able to access a vein easily. And, of course, praying for lower numbers on the tumor marker.

At the SIM Retirement Village in Florida lives a 91-year-old former missionary who has had both legs amputated due to disease. He designed a leaflet describing the highway of life, with “road signs God has given to keep me from going into the ditch.” Here are some of his road signs:

“It’s not what happens to me, but how I respond to it, that makes the difference.”

“The rainbow of God’s promises often shines brightest through tears.”

“Amputation of both legs above the knee is not the end of the road; it is only the end of my legs.”

“I’m not trapped in a human body; it is only my temporary residence in which to glorify God while here on earth.”

“I’m not confined to a wheel chair; I’m just enjoying the freedom it gives me.”

“The circumstances in which you are right now are always the best for God to be glorified the most.”

He acknowledges that the highway of life can be rugged at times, and he expresses gratitude to those who have loved, prayed, and encouraged him during the rough times. To that I say “ditto.”

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Thu Nov 29, 08:44:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that. What he has said applies to me right now, a stay at home Mum living on the other side of the world. Please tell him that for me if you do ever see him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home