Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, November 09, 2007

To Work and Pray for Justice

Ten of us gathered last evening to learn about slavery in our world, to discuss possible actions, and to pray. I feel I've come late to an awareness of modern slavery, and it would take a miracle for someone like us to actually make a difference--but then, I've experienced miracles during these past two years and I can believe God for more. There's pressure to be put on state government leaders to improve local laws against human trafficking. There are excellent global rescue organizations we can support financially. There may be workers right under our noses who have been brought here in bondage and are being held against their will, as in some restaurants, and we need to be alert to such abuses (and call 888 3737 888 with suspicions). But most important, we need to pray. We did that together last evening.
--for those conducting rescue operations
--for healing of trauma of rescued slaves
--for the sex industry to break down
--for world leaders to devote influence and energy to stopping slavery
--for the church to be God's instrument for justice and mercy
--for guidance as to what we personally can do

I'm thankful to feel well. Tomorrow we're driving a couple of hours to take our newly-widowed friend out for lunch. (Her husband died about a month ago in a tractor accident.) She's very courageous, but oh, what a hard time this is! I've heard that in one of the Native American languages, the word for "widow" means "empty." Well said, I'm sure.

My "cancer buddy," the man in our Sunday school class whose lung cancer was diagnosed shortly after my surgery, had a scan yesterday and will get results next week. We're praying it will show that he's still in remission.

Have a beautiful day.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home