Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Art of Living

"The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than in growing with them." -- Bernard M. Baruch

A Christmas card we received yesterday contained a hand-written note with this song by Stanley Ditmer. I hope I can find the music; the words are reassuring:

I shall not fear though darkened clouds may gather round me;
The God I serve is One who cares and understands.
Although the storms I face would threaten to confound me,
Of this I am assured, I'm in His hands.

I'm in His hands, I'm in His hands;
Whate'er the future holds, I'm in His hands.
The days I cannot see have all been planned for me;
His way is best, you see; I'm in His hands.

Another Christmas card contained this note: "Carol, you 'shouldn't' be able to keep going as you are with the cancer you have." He ought to know; his sweet and godly wife died of the very same cancer several years ago, after a short and severe illness. We prayed for her too. I'm so grateful for all that God is doing in my life in response to prayer, but I don't understand His ways. "Mystery" is one of my favorite names for God. (By the way, I see people really mess up their brains when they try to put God in a box and insist that He act in a certain way.)

John 1:18 is our assigned Scripture for this morning's class. Verse 14 says, "So the Word [Jesus] became human and lived here on earth among us." Now there is mystery!

Have a great day,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home