Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, December 15, 2007

What is this pain?

I have often expressed gratitude for freedom from pain. During the past 12 hours, I've been learning to appreciate that freedom. Behind my lower right ribs there's a sharp, piercing pain that won't let up, and it's more intense when I inhale. At first I assumed I'd merely pinched a nerve and it would soon be fine. But it's still there. I wonder if I can work it out. We're having about 20 people here for brunch today (the SIM business department). Most problems do disappear with time.

Here's a cool story from Thailand. One of our friends teaches art in a Christian school there. Tanya, a student who is passionately against slavery of any kind, painted a shocking picture of child soldiers in Uganda. Apparently it was so daring that it upset the other school children. So our friend had a talk with Tanya, whom she knew to have a rebellious heart. They talked about Tanya's true purpose in her art--to shock people or to teach them. Our friend showed her how God can use her art to share her passion with others. It seems it was a teachable moment. Tanya has been thinking about her purpose in life, and she now intends to share faith through art, to help those who are victims of slavery and oppression. Our friend says, "She's still a rebel, but that is what God is going to use. I am so excited to see her working through this."

I'm not an artist, but here and there, now and then, I get an opportunity to talk about the scope of slavery in our world, and possibilities for stopping it.

Have a great weekend.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home