Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Break

One of my daughters asked me last evening how I feel about stopping chemo (see short posting below for that news). I feel that I can trust God with this; He is as able to give me life without chemo as with it. So many were praying for wisdom for the doctor and for us. Also, I was emotionally prepared for it by my somewhat irrational wish over the past week to get a break. To be honest, the dark side of my mind mutters, "I knew we'd eventually run out of options." Maybe that's true too, but does it matter?

I dreamed last night that I heard about a young father who was facing 48 chemo infusions and was scared. I kept trying to reach him to tell him that God would be with him and he'd be okay.

Many dear people are telling me about sure non-medical cancer cures they've heard of. Some sound pretty convincing. Most involve severe changes in food and drink (hey, I'm already careful). Some sound purely hokey. I confess to some confusion here. I'm listening for God's guidance, and trying not to be stubborn.

We keep reminding ourselves to FROG: Fully Rely On God.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home