Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, December 03, 2007

Dark and Light

For years I've felt a deep sadness on the day after Midsummer, knowing that daylight hours would be getting progressively shorter for half a year. I loved long days. But as I walked around the house this morning turning on all the Christmas lights, I got a flash of insight. If this were June, it would be daylight already, and tonight we'd be in bed before dark. No point, then, in Christmas lights! There's a lesson here--so obvious that I won't bother to explain. (Dear friends in the southern hemisphere, do you bother with Christmas lights?)

I'm happy to report that Chuck slept soundly last night. Thanks for praying. I also slept well, as usual, and I'm feeling well this morning.

Our Sunday school lesson yesterday was from Romans 1. Teacher Tom helped us see that the worst thing we can do is to elevate ourselves or any other person or thing above God. "Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn't worship him as God or even give him thanks" (Romans 1:21). And verse 25: "Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies. So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever. Amen." There are Christians in some circles who are picking fights with secular society/culture over specific behaviors. I think we'd be better off to elevate God to His right place in our own lives, and see how He changes us. We are so blind to our poorly-chosen priorities.

I'm looking forward to a good and productive day today; I hope you are too.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Mon Dec 03, 09:37:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Amanda Hunt said...

Yes, we put up christmas lights. Personally we only put them on the tree but many people do their entire houses up. The law is that the lights have to be off by 10pm. It gets dark around 7.45pm so its not too bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home