Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I get a break

I'll be taking a break from chemo for 8 weeks. I actually had a strong longing for a break after learning that the cancer numbers were rising, and then this morning the oncologist recommended it. He does want me to take a daily pill, tamoxifen. This is the pill given to breast cancer survivors after their cancer is gone. He says there are some cases where it's been effective with active ovarian cancer. In any case, this is as good an opportunity as any for God to continue to do his good work. I said Goodby to my much-loved chemo nurses with some sadness, but I smile to think of 8 weeks with not a single hour spent hooked up to fluids. So this is how God answered my prayer this morning to be able to work a couple of hours to do some needed tasks. No question! He is good.

Thanks for your prayers.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home