Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, December 09, 2007

More Prayer

"Are any among you sick? They should call for the elders of the church and have them pray over them, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord. And their prayers offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make them well. And anyone who has committed sins will be forgiven." James 5:14,15

A colleague read those verses in chapel last week. It struck me as a command that I should obey. So I "called," and this morning during Sunday school, some of the spiritual leaders of our church will anoint me with oil and pray for me. During the past two years, I've been the beneficiary of thousands of prayers offered in faith. But I hadn't yet asked for anointing with oil. I don't understand it, but it certainly seems good to follow the Bible's instructions.

The devotional reading for Friday in "Streams in the Desert" was also about healing. A B Simpson wrote, "Whenever I have seen God's wondrous work in the case of some miraculous healing or some extraordinary deliverance by His providence, the thing that has always impressed me most was the absolute quietness in which it was done. I have also been impressed by the absence of anything sensational and dramatic, and the utter sense of my own uselessness as I stood in the presence of the mighty God, realizing how easy all this was for Him to do without even the faintest effort on His part, or the slightest help from me. It is the role of faith not to question but to simply obey."

I would welcome a miraculous healing. I also will welcome as good whatever God chooses to do.

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the diminishing effects of chemo. Yesterday I raked leaves, cleaned the house, baked a cake, and entertained new neighbors in the evening.

Have a great day.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home