Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, January 18, 2008

Discovery

We spent Thursday morning hugging and catching up with a number of friends at the SIM retirement village. We didn't get to everyone we knew, but we saw a lot of people. Whether long-time friends or new acquaintances, they all said the same thing: "We pray for you regularly." Then we drove to the site of the Moody Bible Institute conference we're attending, and at dinner we heard the same thing. I'm humbled and amazed. I wish I could say to each that I reciprocate, but it wouldn't be true; in fact, I'm very unworthy of all this love and prayer. Surely God is answering; each day of good life is a gift from God and all these friends who pray. One of the departments at Moody prayed specifically this week that I'd be well enough for this trip, and here we are! Maybe, in my optimism, I just assumed that would be the case, but I shouldn't have. It's God!

Last night we checked our personal email for the first time in a few days and found messages of love and hope and prayers from a bunch of you. I can't tell you how much they mean to me. I want to answer each one.

We sang a new song in last night's session that seemed written for Chuck and me: "In this Quiet Place," by Fred Pratt Green. I managed to write down a few lines.
If our flesh upon our sickness feeds
and turns our lives to gall
let us not fret about our needs
but simply tell you all.

We ask You, Lord, our great High Priest,
make our faith fully grown
Lord, disbelieve our unbelief
You've claimed us as your own.

The speaker last evening was Dr, Erwin Lutzer, pastor of Moody Memorial Church. He's wonderfully witty, and we laughed a lot. His message was about walking with God (based on Enoch, in Genesis 5, who walked "so far" with God that God simply took him home without death--isn't that a mystery?). It was both profound and helpful.

I haven't yet gotten a call from my surgeon's nurse about scheduling that C-T scan. Guess I'll call this morning to be sure things are moving forward. But I have no idea what will be done with the information we get from the scan. It's a time for putting one foot in front of the other and continuing to walk forward.

May God bless and encourage you today.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home