Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Quiet weekend

At nurse daughter's advice, I called the doctor about my swollen ankle, and he wants me screened for deep vein bloodclots. (They're a more likely cause because only one leg is involved.) But it's obviously not a crisis, because my appointment is on Monday afternoon, and my instructions are to stay off my feet "as much as possible." We had invited guests for lunch today, but cancelled the party; that'll save 2 or 3 hours on my feet. I think it's still okay to go to church tomorrow. But no long walks. We have plans to drive to south Florida next Wednesday for a conference; a blood clot could mean hospitalization to thin the blood instead of the trip. Would you be willing to help me pray that even if there is a blood clot somewhere, it will dissolve by Monday? (This sounds really selfish, in view of all the suffering in the world!)

One of many ministries needed in the fight against human trafficking and slavery is the provision of "safe houses." Thursday night's speaker sees the need for such a house in North Carolina. Another friend is involved with setting one up in Mexico. And another friend is planning to move to Asia to provide some sort of "after care" for those who have been rescued. I was happy to read the following section of Psalm 9in the The Message paraphrase:

God's a safe-house for the battered,
a sanctuary during bad times.
The moment you arrive, you relax;
you're never sorry you knocked.

Safe-house! Sanctuary! Aren't those wonderful places to be?

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home