Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Wasn't it a miracle?

A week ago today our precious guests arrived, one of them with a rotten cold and cough. Although we lived close together for more than three days, we didn't catch it. I take that as a direct answer to prayer, and give thanks.

Tomorrow is "stop human trafficking" day. A young friend in Texas graduated recently from the Police Academy and is now (to his parents' pride) a police officer. We're proud of him too. He learned a terrible thing during his studies: within ten years, human trafficking will replace drug trafficking as the #1 crime. Can you imagine? How can we fight this evil?

Sometimes I feel so good that I think the cancer must be receding. Then sometimes I feel so tired that I think it must be growing. At this point, only God knows. Blaise Pascal (a philosopher/mathemetician in the 1600s) said, "I ask you neither for health nor for sickness, for life nor death, but that you may dispose of my health and my sickness, my life and my death, for your glory. . . . You alone know what is expedient for me . . . . Give to me, or take away from me, only conform my will to yours. I know but one thing, Lord, that it is good to follow you, and bad to offend you . . . . I know not which is most profitable to me, health or sickness, wealth or poverty, nor anything else in the world. That discernment is beyond the power of men or angels, and is hidden among the secrets of your Providence, which I adore, but do not seek to fathom."

I choose Pascal's attitude for today and tomorrow. After all, God is, as Dallas Willard says, "the smartest person in the universe." He knows best. Should I, then, insist on getting my own way?

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home