Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, January 04, 2008

Good Reminder

This little story showed up in my email yesterday, and I found it to be a very good reminder. (I apologize to readers in other countries, where U.S. coins don’t show up often.)

A young couple were invited to spend the weekend at the home of the husband’s wealthy employer. The boss was a gracious host, and the young wife, Arlene, enjoyed the lavish hospitality. As they were walking into a restaurant, the boss stopped suddenly and looked down at the sidewalk for a long, silent moment. Arlene saw only a darkened penny and a few cigarette butts. Quietly, the host reached down and picked up the penny. He looked at it and smiled, then dropped it in his pocket.

“Why,” wondered Arlene, “would such a rich man even care about a penny?” The question so perturbed her that during dessert she asked him if the penny he’d found was a rare one. A smile spread across his face again as he took it out of his pocket and held it out for her to see. “Look at it,” he said. “Read what it says.”

She read the words “United States of America.” “No, not that; read further.” “One cent?” “No, keep reading.” “In God We Trust.”

“Yes! That’s it! Whenever I find a coin, I see that inscription. God drops a message right in front of me, reminding me to trust Him. When I see a coin, I pray. I check to see whether my trust really is in God at that moment. The coin becomes God’s way of starting a conversation with me.”

It might as well say Fully Rely On God. And I’m always glad to be reminded to do that.

Jeremy and Julianna drove in last evening after a very long drive. They’d been delayed in Charleston, WV, by a four-hour traffic jam. This morning Julianna is going to perform a sacred dance during chapel at SIM. By lunchtime today we expect Justin and Laura to arrive. We’re blessed that these wonderful young people are willing to drive all those miles in order to spend a couple of days with us.

Our friend with the heart surgery is slowly regaining strength. Thanks for praying. And thanks for praying for me too. Every day is a miracle of life, and I’m trusting that during these days off chemo, God is continuing to heal me of the cancer. Please keep asking Him to do that.

Have a great day.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home