Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

Carol just called asking that I fill in for her again today. She and the girls had a delightful evening at the Kennedy Center enjoying a concert. They were up a bit later that usual so the girls are still sleeping and she does not want to awaken them doing the blog. (She was calling me on the cell phone from inside the closed bathroom).

I enjoyed a very special time last evening attending an open house at the home of our friend who had the breast surgery. I took another couple with me and we had our fill of outstanding foods and exciting fellowship with many old friends and numerous new ones that we met there. I wish you could have seen her home…The Christmas decorations that were abundant in EVERY room would win first prize in any publication. A couple of the special attractions were the peacock decorated ceiling height Christmas tree in the bathtub of the guest wing and a fully decorated bidet in the master bedroom with colorful Christmas balls appearing to be bubbles filling it to the rim. I would not begin to guess how many hours it took to put the decorations out, but it was amazing. Continue to pray that the pain will diminish from her cancer surgery.

The fellowship was special. Talking with a friend about some of the joys and sorrows of this past year, she was telling about their family time around the table as they talked about resolutions for the coming year. The usual diet and goal related ones were mentioned and the last to respond was their 10 year old daughter. She said that her desire was to read the entire Bible during 2008. I am sure that caused each of them, myself included, to reevaluate goals for the coming year. For the record…we had all of that enjoyment and were back home by 9:00 PM.

I just started reading Great Leader Great Teacher by Gary Bredfeldt this morning. I am finding lots of challenge there as I allow the Lord to use me in this coming year. After all, we are all leaders/teachers in our homes and within our circle of influence. I am always surprised when someone mentions how something I said many years ago, caused them to look again at a situation or even change course. It is a reminder of how our words can be a positive or negative impact for those around us.

I trust that you and yours have a special day today, and that each of us will be open and obedient to the Spirit’s direction in our lives during this New Year. For sure, there will be ups and downs, but let’s remember not to focus on “why”, but rather focus on how God wants to USE each of us in the situation that He allows us to face. I will do my best to remember that!

Our love to each of you,

Chuck…and Carol too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home