Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Is, Was, and Will Be

The year is almost over, and that means I've reached the last few pages in my through-the-Bible reading. Year-end is also a time for reflection, sometimes melancholy, counting the moments and opportunities that are gone forever. I guess that's why I loved being reminded in yesterday's reading that there is One who remains the same forever and ever. Jude 24-25 praises Him with these words: "And now, all glory to God, who is able to keep you from stumbling, and who will bring you into his glorious presence innocent of sin and with great joy. All glory to him, who alone is God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Yes, glory, majesty, power, and authority belong to him, in the beginning, now, and forevermore. Amen."

Only four paragraphs later, in Revelation 1:8, I read the same encouraging truth: "'I am the Alpha and the Omega--the beginning and the end,' says the Lord God. 'I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come, the Almighty One.'" Just imagine! Our moments, our longings, our fears, our hurts, our joys--all wrapped in the loving arms of the eternal One who was, who is, and who will be, forever!

A phone call yesterday brought the great news that dear friends are passing through town today and will join us for lunch. I smile just thinking about it.

I'm still feeling well. I realize the battle for life is still going on at the cellular level, in the absence of chemo, and I'm doing what I can to promote health. I'm glad to recognize that in this battle, God is the Commander-in-Chief.

(David, if you're reading this, thanks for your comment on December 24; I answered you there.)

Blessings for your day,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home