Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, February 18, 2008

Amazing

A friend told an amazing story in Sunday school yesterday. He serves regularly at our church's weekly homeless shelter ("Room at the Inn"--where churches take turns) during the winter. Last year he met a man there who confided that he was out of options and was contemplating suicide. Our friend showed him compassion and assured him of Jesus' love and power to save. Last week the gentleman came again to the shelter, but not as a guest. He was there to say thanks. He's been clean for more than a year, and is back at home with his family. I know Jesus is doing similar miracles hundreds of times every day, but it's sure fun when it happens right in front of our eyes.

Yesterday was better than Saturday for me. Today my head still feels like I'm inside a tank, but maybe it's a little better. I'll have blood tests Wednesday, reports Thursday, that will indicate whether we move ahead to the next chemo on Feb. 25. I'm asking God to do what He knows is best; I certainly don't know!

Thanks for your prayers.

I started this blog before I began cancer treatment because, frankly, I felt a desperate need for prayer, and I still do. But it occurs to me that for some it may be providing an education on the journey with cancer. I hope it's as close as you ever come! So with that in mind, I'll tell you that we're consulting with a funeral director later today (after our long-time friends leave). No, we're not giving up. We just want to do the research now that will simplify decisions when the time comes, regardless of which of us goes first. Since we now have deep roots in both the North and the South, it's a little more complicated. I hope nobody thinks that we invite death by talking freely about it. What?! Is God a half-blind magician who can be fuddled into doing what we want as long as we speak the "right" words and avoid the wrong words? No, of course not. He knows best. We can fully rely on Him.
Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Mon Feb 18, 09:35:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Burkinator said...

"Is God a half-blind magician who can be fuddled into doing what we want as long as we speak the 'right' words and avoid the wrong words? No, of course not. He knows best. We can fully rely on Him."

Good words, Carol, and they apply in so many circumstances. I read this blog to remember to pray for you, but you bless my socks off every time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home