Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, February 15, 2008

"Something isn't right"

I worked yesterday morning, but as it wore on, I realized something wasn't right. So I went to the doctor, thinking maybe I was dehydrated after all. No. But they found problems: high blood pressure and an ear/throat infection. And they ran tests for still more possibilities, which reports I should get this morning. I'll let you know if there's more. Meanwhile, I'm already taking meds for the things we know about, and hope to be back to "normal" soon. (I've always had perfect blood pressure, so I certainly don't understand this, but they tested it several times. Also, I'd have expected pain with the infections, but there was none.)

When I wrote about Moses yesterday, I said he entered the cloud of God's presence and stayed there with Him for 40 days. The Bible actually says 40 days and 40 nights--a frequent pattern for describing duration of time. As an editor, I get impatient with superfluous words; why bother to say 40 nights when it's obvious that they're included in the 40 days? So early this morning I was awake, thinking about all this stuff that's happening, and I got a flash of insight. God includes the references to nights because nights are different from days. Usually tougher. Whatever cloud we walk into, for however long, we're there for the nights as well as the days. I found strange comfort in knowing that God is so aware of that fact that He bothers to use extra words to assure us that He knows. In the words of one of the famous Saints Therese, "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all shall be very well."

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home