Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Healed for today

I really do feel much better this morning, though still quite fatigued. I've had a sore throat since Monday (no other symptoms of cold or flu), and this morning the pain is gone. There's been no nausea at all. It has felt so good to be able to lie in bed and sleep for almost 36 hours, as I felt so whipped. Yesterday afternoon, with the temperature at 70 F., I lay on the chaise on the patio for about three hours. That was refreshing. I was looking forward to leading chapel this morning, but last evening Chuck persuaded me to call my pre-arranged substitute and beg off; I probably don't need the normal rush to get ready this morning.

It's Ash Wednesday today, the beginning of Lent. I think of the great prophetic line: "Ye people, rend your hearts, not your garments." It's easy to put on public displays of piety and repentance (tearing clothes was one such display in Bible times), but what God wants is a humble heart that's quick to confess and turn away from sin. It will be good, during this season of Lent, to be sensitive to ways we can please the Lord.

We have tickets to fly to Nassau this Friday for a few days with my sister and her husband. I hope to feel well enough, to finish urgent work, and to pack adequately before that.

And now I'm drooping. Maybe I can grab a short nap before my dental appointment later this morning.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home