Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Prayer Answered!

Our Father continues to answer your prayers!

The chemo yesterday (this was number 49) went well, and Carol has had minimal side effects from it. She had a good night with NO nausia, for which we are most thankful. The main problem was that she is very tired, so I am hoping that by my getting a quick blog out for her this morning, she will stay in bed longer to prevent any other potential effects.

We praise God for answered prayer each day. Some days may not be quite what we would desire, but we are so thankful for the strength, health and freedom from pain which He has given Carol these past two plus years. When we first learned about the cancer, we prayed that God would be glorified as we battled this enemy. Only eternity will indicate the degree to which that was accomplished, but I have seen numerous ways in which He has used Carol through this to bless and encourage others.

As I sat with Carol during the three-hour infusion yesterday, I read a classic by R. A. Torrey, How to Pray. I was especially interested in the chapter on Hindrances to Prayer. The first hindrance of the seven that he discussed was from James 4:3 as quoted by him, “Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may spend it in your pleasures.” I feel the NLT sounds better to our ears today, which reads “… when you do ask, you don’t get it because your whole motive is wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure.” The bottom line to quote Torrey; “A selfish purpose in prayer robs prayer of power.”

How often we seek prayer for health and wealth issues, that if we are honest, are requests for our own comfort or pleasure, not for God’s glory. As I pray for Carol and myself, I trust that I will focus my prayers on God’s glory…that His will is accomplished as we walk this winding road together. That brings the words of John the Baptist to my mind. "He must increase, I must decrease". That is a moment by moment battle for me!

Thanks for sharing the journey with us. May each of you recognize God’s glory in answered prayer today.

Love to you all,

Chuck…and Carol too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home