Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, February 04, 2008

I know exactly how long I'll live

In recent hours I've been thinking about the truth that before I was born, "every day of my life was recorded in [God's] book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed" (Psalm 139:16). And it goes on to say, "How precious are your thoughts bout me, O God!" I am positive about this. I'll live exactly as many days as He wrote in His book, and since He is the smartest, wisest, and most loving Person in the universe, I have no corrections to add to His plan.

Yesterday afternoon we visited the Orchid House at the Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden. It's a wonderland. Arches are covered, each in a unique pattern, with airplants.


Thousands of orchids grow throughout the glass house. This is a wall that's covered with them, with water falling gently behind them.


Hundreds of other tropical plants are there as well. Did you know that the cacao (chocolate) fruit is orange, weighs a pound, and contains 20 to 60 seeds?

I was very encouraged at the close of Sunday school yesterday when teacher Tom, obviously led by God to do so, prayed feelingly for me (again). So many people are dealing with stuff in their lives that part of me is reluctant for special attention. But I need prayer so badly, and I'm so grateful for the concern and faith back of it, that it came to my heart like good medicine.

We watched the Super Bowl. My football interests are quite narrow, and since the Packers didn't get to play, I didn't really care who won. I cheered for my grandsons' favorite (congratulations), enjoyed the half time, and went to bed.

Now to work, and at noon to chemo. Jesus will be there--in both places.

I spent 50 minutes this morning trying to connect to Blogger. If ever I can't connect, please don't assume I'm sick. It's probably just the internet.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home