Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, February 03, 2008

A deep and reverent awe

Chuck got up really early this morning, so he finished reading today's selection in the Bible before I got up. He was so struck by Exodus 20:20 that he read it to me as I was sipping my coffee: "Don't be afraid. God has come to test you and instill a deep and reverent awe within you so that you won't sin." (This was to calm the Israelites who were stunned by the presence and power of God as He gave them the Ten Commandments.) In verse 6 He promised, "I'm unswervingly loyal to the thousands who love me and keep my commandments." That thought blows my mind. To think that the Creator of the universe would commit Himself to be loyal to us. Adherents of world religions worship gods who are capricious and anything but loyal. Of course, I can't insist on His loyalty on the basis of my fulfilling His conditions to love Him and keep His commandments. I want to, but both my love and my obedience are flawed and intermittent--like all humans. That's why Jesus died.

One of our car tires picked up a nail, so Chuck took it in for repair yesterday morning. As he waited, he browsed a magazine and saw news of a treatment just approved for testing in the U.S for ovarian cancer. It seems to offer such promise that we're going to investigate. Wouldn't it be amazing if a punctured tire led to renewed hope? (Of course, our doctor might already know about this and has ruled it out for some reason, but we'll check.)

De-cluttering was the key word yesterday. I went through loads of stuff that had accumulated and needed to be either given away or discarded. There's more stuff for a future unscheduled weekend, but even that act of simplifying is very satisfying.

Have a wonderful Sunday.
Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home