Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, January 28, 2008

Liberian recipes

We've signed up to help the Liberian couple in our Sunday school class if he is approved for a heart transplant--Chuck to run errands and me to provide meals. (Many others are on the support team as well.) I'm looking for Liberian recipes, especially those that can be adapted for a heart-healthy diet. This week the heart team will make a decision about his suitability as a transplant candidate; we're praying for that.

While we were at the surgeon's office, I saw this wise alphabet and asked for a copy. For what it's worth, I thought I'd pass it along.

Accept differences
Be kind
Count your blessings
Dream
Express thanks
Forgive
Give freely
Harm no one
Imaging more
Jettison anger
Keep confidences
Love truly
Master something
Nurture hope
Open your mind
Pack lightly
Quell rumors
Reciprocate
Seek wisdom
Touch hearts
Understand
Value truth
Win graciously
Xeriscape [huh? If our drought continues, maybe!]
Yearn for peace
Zealously support a worthy cause

I'm coughing at times, as are many people in this winter weather. It reminds me of the pleural effusion before my surgery that caused incessant coughing and shortness of breath. I am so thankful for relief from that!

Have a blessed day.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home