Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dancing in the rain

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Well, I'm sure it's about much more than that, but it's a good thought for today. No, the weather isn't rainy, but I do need to dance even on a chemo day. I'm so glad I got a one-month break; I've really been feeling well. I worked a full day yesterday at the office, then took a walk, did the laundry from our travels, and did some housework. The Lord does "give strength to His people"!

I've realized a specific prayer need. I think it's a miracle that after more than two years of the cancer repeatedly receding and then multiplying all around my abdomen, it has not invaded any organs. Could we pray that God will continue to perform this miracle of protection? And that the chemo will cause the cancer to recede again? I'll post the CA 125 report as soon as I get it this morning.

Our Liberian friends are making progress. He was re-hospitalized with infection, but he may get to go home today. He still needs a new heart. She is doing very well, and the doctors are quite certain that the mass in her throat is not malignant. It still needs to shrink. I hear she's presented a dynamic testimony of trust in God.

Yesterday I posted some photos from our family Easter gathering. Scroll on down if you'd like to see them. One final thought for this year about the Resurrection:

"No planet knows that this earth of ours
Bears, as its chief treasure, one
Forsaken grave." (Alice Meynell)

But we know! Oh, what good hope His forever life offers us!

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home