Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happiness

"Happiness," said Robert Frost, "makes up in height what it lacks in length."

I've been thinking about that. The happiness of last week's family reunion extended its brightness ahead of time in anticipation, and afterward in warm memories. Yesterday, while largely spent sleeping, still had its heights of happiness: a pleasant dinner hour with Chuck, encouraging phone conversations with dear daughters and friends. The heights of happiness spilled over into the lengths of the day. And best of all, there's the happiness of Jesus' constant presence. And that gets me thinking about future happiness in heaven, where the length is equal to the height. My mind simply can't grasp the scope of that thought. But I find it comforting and exciting, nevertheless.

We won't get to Sunday school today after all; the nurse needs us to show up at the hospital at 8:00. I do think these infusions of fluids are helping me recover from the chemo, so I guess that's our choice for today. Apparently, it's impossible to keep up with the dehydrating effects of cisplatin even with heroic drinking of fluids.

I hope your Sunday is wonderful. I'm so thankful for your prayers.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home