Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, March 29, 2008

I think it's working

I feel better this morning than I felt on day three with previous treatments of cisplatin. Maybe I was getting dehydrated despite my efforts to drink a lot, and now the infusion of fluids made a difference. We're going to outpatient at the hospital in an hour for another infusion this morning, and possibly again tomorrow also.

It's not likely that I'll be strong enough to go to Sunday school tomorrow, but I'd surely love to. The letter from the teacher asks us to search our memory for three things: a geographic spot that represents a turning point in our spiritual life, a book that became a major milestone, and a Bible verse that became "an altar, an anvil, or an anchor." I'll bet this will be a wonderful lesson, and I'd love to hear it.

Grandson Gavin picked up a cold last week which has turned into at least bronchitis and possibly bronchial pneumonia; the doctor kept saying, "This is one very sick young man." He's on a good medical regimen, and we pray he'll recover quickly. Chuck has also developed a bad cough, and we pray his won't go so bad.

I was intrigued by Eugene Peterson's paraphrase in Galatians 5. "It is absolutely clear that God has called you to a free life. Just make sure that you don't use this freedom as an excuse to do whatever you want to do and destroy your freedom. Rather, use your freedom to serve one another in love; that's how freedom grows. For everything we know about God's Word is summed up in a single sentence: Love others as you love yourself. That's an act of true freedom. If you bite and ravage each other, watch out--in no time at all you will be annihilating each other, and where will your precious freedom be then?"

I hope your weekend is wonderful.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home