Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, March 31, 2008

A new day

I found the following, unsigned, on an advertising calendar. I thought it was a good thought for today.

"This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is important, because I'm exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place something that I have traded for it. I want it to be gain, not evil; success, not failure; in order that I shall not regret the price I paid for it."

Now, I'm not saying I must do something heroic today. Some days the best any of us can do is to rest. But we can do so with a grateful heart. Cicero said, "Gratitude is not only the greatet of virtues, but the parent of all others." I do feel stronger today, and I'm looking forward to the day. I'm so thankful for good doctors and nurses, and for Chuck who has faithfully tone with me to every single appointment all these months! I'm thankful, also, for the dear folks I was able to connect with by phone, and also for those whose lines were busy. Thanks to everyone for praying for us.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home