Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Still waiting

I'm still waiting for an answer to yesterday afternoon's urgent prayer request. Although no breakthrough has occurred, I'm not feeling as sick as I was, thankfully. Surely, today! I really don't want to go to the hospital, because I assume they'll want a naso-gastric tube; and when I needed one after surgery the nurse insisted on using a size too large for my nostril, resulting in several days of misery. So we keep praying for the situation to clear up without a trip to the hospital.

Yesterday morning Chuck was up early, needing to take the car to the dealer for repairs to the electrical system. His first step at the kitchen sink was a wet one, and he found that the under-counter water filter was leaking. So many things go wrong at once! Later in the day he called the filter company, and as he talked with the serviceman, he told him he was dealing with a wife with stage IV cancer. "Oh, Mr. Wilson," said the man, "I've been through that with my wife. I'll be praying for you." A stranger, but a brother. Big encouragement.

Last night I was feeling pretty sick, as I'd felt in the hospital after surgery. I remembered how my daughters took turns staying all night with me, and they would sing to me. My memory brought back those sweet sounds, and I was comforted.

Blessings,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Tue Apr 01, 03:41:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Steve K. said...

Still praying for a "breakthrough," Carol. You are loved.

Shalom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home