Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Pretty good news

Although the patch from Chuck's cheek turned out to be cancer, the good news is that it's basal cell carcinoma, the kind that doesn't invade other organs. The other good news is that the part of the margin that wasn't "clean" looks quite small. So after this incision heals, he'll have the rest removed--maybe in a couple of weeks. We are so thankful for this pretty good news.

My blood draw appointment yesterday morning was delayed, so I didn't get to the office in time for chapel. So did my colleagues criticize my tardiness? No, they prayed for me! Several said, "We prayed for you," as our paths crossed in the coffee room. See why I love working at SIM? I'll put up a new posting as soon as I get the CA 125 report, probably this morning.

I read something upsetting the other day. After the second world war, government and business economists designed a recovery strategy: consumerism. A retailing analyst wrote, "Our enormously productive economy . . . demands that we make consumption our way of life, that we convert the buying and use of goods into rituals, that we seek our spiritual satisfaction, our ego satisfaction, in consumption. . . ." The chairman of the president's Council of Economic Advisors said, "The American economy's ultimate purpose is to produce more consumer goods." (And we thought we love the malls because God made us this way?)

Here's God's opinion of consumerism, from Hebrews 13:5 -- "Stay away from the love of money; be content with what you have. For God has said, 'I will never fail you. I will never forsake you.'"

Have a great day.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home