Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dependency

After I wrote a blog about waiting on God, a friend loaned me her copy of Waiting on God by Andrew Murray. It's very helpful. Here's a paragraph from early in the book, after stating that from our very creation, we were intended to live totally dependent on God's love and wisdom. (In the quote, I'm substituting "we" for "man" or "he.")

"When we turned from God, we were still absolutely dependent on Him. There was not the slightest hope of our recovery from the state of death, except in God, His power, and His mercy. It is God alone who began the work of redemption. It is God alone who continues and carries it on each moment in each individual believer. There is no power of goodness in ourselves. We have and can have nothing except what we each moment receive while waiting on God. This is indispensable and must be as continuous and unbroken as the breathing tht maintains our natural life." I believe this to be true, and I want to make waiting on God the goal of my soul--even in the midst of all of life's daily activities. "My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him" (Psalm 62:5).

The infusion of iron occurred yesterday without incident, and the nurse said I might begin to notice improvement after tomorrow's infusion. With breakfast this morning I'll begin another 14 days of Hexalen. Please pray that God will drive down my cancer numbers. Two weeks from today I'll have another CA 125 test.

One year ago today we were winging home from our fabulous family reunion on Cat Island in the Bahamas. What a grand time daughter Sue designed for us! Karin and Lisa and my sister Ruth also helped make it happen. The memories continue to make me happy.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Wed May 21, 09:24:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY "MOMMA"!

LOVE,

ROB AND CONNIE
aka Your Southern Kids

 

Post a Comment

<< Home