Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Frogs and other critters

Good news: I'm finished with the 14 days of Hexalen. I'm pretty sure that I'm feeling very much better as the day wears on. I still needed a nap, but only one--not all day. Tomorrow should be even better.

We're staying at the kids' home tonight and tomorrow night, as both parents are gone and they need to be here so early in the morning for the bus. Here we have easy access to the internet, so I'll be able to post every day through Friday. It's funny not to have a phone line at the lake, but we're not there enough to make it worthwhile.

Now about today's title. My mind went off on a strange trip about the acronym FROG: Fully rely on God. That has been our motto throughout this long journey with cancer. So I played some word games. I suppose one could be arrogant about fully relying on God, which would be silly, wouldn't it? That might spell PROG (proudly rely on God). I know from reading the Bible that God really does want to be relied on, but pride wouldn't please him. So HROG (humbly rely on God) makes more sense. Then I thought of TROG (thankfully rely on God). And CROG (cheerfully rely on God). You're probably thinking I don't have enough work to do. So I'll quit with the critters. (I really do sleep quite well at night, but sometimes I lie awake awhile, and this is how I spent the time last night.)

Yesterday I put out the hummingbird feeder with fresh nectar, and within a half hour a gorgeous little hummer was there drinking. How did it know to come? We have several bird families around the yard, including a bluebird pair tending their nest inside the bluebird box. The dredging is now completed along our waterfront, and the only task remaining is to cut a deeper channel straight out to the main part of the lake. It's been 54 years since the last dredging, and we're really excited about the improvement this will bring.

I'll be back tomorrow.

Lov e,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home