Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Strength

Someone sent this piece of wisdom: "It is from the struggle, not the victory, that we gain strength." And here I was, wishing my struggles to go away, at least for a little while. I need, instead, to focus on the strength I can gain from continuing to struggle. I'd like to be able to report that the yuckiness and tiredness vanished after the last Hexalen pill, but they didn't. So I need to continue to make simple plans for my day. A dear musician friend is coming to see me this morning.

It's such a privilege to be here with the grandchildren. Tomorrow evening, both their parents will return--Karin from her law school final exams, and Keith from Boston. We'll have Saturday together, and then on Sunday we'll be heading home.

Blessings for your day,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home